Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Big Weekend- Part 2: Graduation

Finally, the day had arrived. When I started school back in the Fall of 2004, this was the goal I had been striving to attain. GRADUATION! The night before had taken a toll on all of us, but it could not keep me down...I was going to walk across that stage, shake the hand of some man I have never met before and he was going to hand me a diploma holder with nothing in it. I know, it sounds just like a fairy tale. All the graduates lined up at Old North at 1:30 and began the march across campus. I think it was supposed to be nostalgic for us, but really it was just a long walk to get to the prize. We lined up outside the building that would house the ceremony, and continued to stand in that line for over 20 minutes. "Hurry up and wait" seemed to be the theme of the day. But once we made it into the building, I was greeted by hundreds of people who had come to see me graduate. And as much as I appreciated all of them showing up, I was more excited to see my cheering section with Sara, Eric, Jess, Leo, my mom (Carolyn), Sara's dad (Rick), my dad (Keith), his wife (Margie), and my always supportive in-laws, Bob and Cindy. Everyone watched as I sat in my chair waiting for the big moment. It had arrived...


Once the Big Show was over, it was time for pictures. My VIP section met me outside where the photo op's were aplenty.

Overall, it was a day filled with many emotions that I'm glad I was able to share with my family. I could never have reached the finish line on this journey without the support of my friends and family, and I am so grateful they were all able to share in the celebration with me.

Us

Eric getting autographs

Ryan and Carolyn

Cindy, Ryan and Bob

Jessica, Keith and Eric

Eric, Carolyn and Ryan

Eric, Keith and Ryan

Rick and Ryan

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Congrats! I know it's been a long haul. The Nash's are so proud of you.